Out of nowhere, I just had this sudden realization. I am almost reaching the end of the calendar, (i.e. just one more year and I’ll be 30!) :p Looking back, I am reminiscing the things I’ve done in the past 28yrs of my life. Dreams that came true, the bountiful achievements that I am blessed with and the people who gave extraordinary impact from that journey. Wheeww, surprisingly it’s been 28yrs. All those years, unexpected events were really happening. A bucket full of tears and laughter, full of struggles and pain, yet there were moments of victory. I can always be proud of coming from a simple yet intact and happy family. My Dad was strict, yes, he was but in a sense a parent should be. I may not have realized that, not until now. Sadly I lost him, as early as 20, we lost him. That was the last I expected to happen. Acceptance took some time, and eventually the sorrows were gone and filled with positivity. Life must go on. As the saying goes, “When you lose a thing, there is joy to replace that empty space”.
I continued to live for my dreams, giving me the opportunity to feel the life of the outside world, to come out from my shell and meet people from different walks of life. I was happy and contented with such simple life. Seems that the stars were shining brightly, it is somehow one of those joys and memories that I have not imagined my entire life. Then I started singing “This is what dreams are made of”. Unknowingly, it is not always a happy ending for me to become fulfilled and satisfied. Life makes it even more complicated. As soon as I reached the quarter of my life, I again got trapped with the unexpected. Indeed it is not “yet” a happy ending, because the journey still continues.
And now, for just a second, my mind is whispering “There are still so many things that you wanted to do, so many!”. Don’t just stop and waste a year regretting a miserable past. There is no such a burden because you always learn in every rough roads. All you need is to continue walking. Thanks for each second, it made us think deeply. YES! Indeed, there are still so many things that I so wanted to do!. If I’ll be given the opportunity and resources, no matter where the roads may lead me again, I would love to learn more and do these stuffs. At least to realize few of these many frustrations and to expect the unexpected. What can I do now to fill in more of those 28yrs rollercoaster ride?! Okay, here’s my Bucket List as of January 2012:
1. Adventure - sometimes complicated things are exciting, never stop exploring
Antartic/Arctic Expedition: I always dream to explore the poles and meet Mumble the happy feet!
Sky diving: I am always afraid of heights, hence, I want to overcome that fear.
Mountain Climbing: Hhhmm…Mt. Everest?! Why not?! But first things first, let’s explore our native land since it is more fun in the Philippines. And so, Mt. Pulag and Mt. Apo, I wish to be with you someday.
Advance Scuba Diving: SCUBA diving is still a passion. I am a certified open water scuba diver, but one incident caused me a traumatic experience. Hence I wanted to overcome that, go for a refresher course and start the advance course.
2. Music – I love Music, but I always felt that music does not love me. So I think, this does not stop me to form a one woman band! :p If I’ll be given a chance to learn these instruments, I will. This time with more heart and passion.
Guitar (lead, rhythm and bass): The strum of the G-strings, makes my heart sing
Violin/Celo: Peaceful, calmness and tranquillity coming from the graceful vibration of the bow
Drums: The lively beat of the drums, like raindrops on the window pain, brings sound to a lonely night or day
Piano: The mellow touch of the keys, ahh…serenity!
3. Arts – I only know the basics, but I don’t really call myself an artist because in order to become one, you’ve got to be imaginative and creative. Something that is coming from your own perspective. These I need to learn more
Sketching – a simple pencil or charcoal, a plain black and white representing a classic masterpiece. This is one of the favourite things I love to do and would love to do it more often.
Water Color Painting – Used to do it on a simple ordinary paper and watercolour, but to control the colors is not an easy stuff. I need patience for this. Someday, need to play with my paint brush again
Oil Painting – Never got the opportunity to touch a real canvass, and this one thing for sure, I wanted to explore
Photography – I started, simply the point and shoot without the technicalities. One of the greatest ambition I have from this passion is to submit an entry to National Geographic, somehow hoping to get publish! Need to spend more time with OLY, MACKY and MIDI…and learn more on the rule of thumbs
4. Sports - I need to become a healthy ME
Badminton – I miss BAB, I know he misses me too. So, whenever I get the chance, at least I can spend some time with you.
Table Tennis – just one special person got me with this and made me fall in love with this sport. Unlike any other sports, this needs constant practice, once you stop, you need to go back from the start. The basic! I am afraid I might had forgotten those tips from my coach. Need to get acquainted with my little PONG again.
Triathlon – I find this cool but deadly. Haha…well, I think it won’t harm if I try.
5. To publish – whether a scientific journal or not. I myself is a frustrated writer, I love writing! I tried to be one, but I am accepting the fact that am not as imaginative as can be. But I do dream of getting publish, whether a scientific journal to NATURE or some fiction novels. Hahaha…not quite ambitious!
6. Volunteering work in a remote area or developing country –With all sincerity, this I always wanted to do, ever since! My heart always speaks for it. I even imagine myself stuck in a very country area, or rather in a mountainside doing outreach programs. Teaching and educating kids and the community. If I have a chance, maybe this small empty feeling I have right now will be filled up with joy and satisfaction after doing so.
7. To become a good, understanding, respectful, responsiblel wife and MOM: The last but not the least! However busy I may be, I need to prioritize things and as always “FAMILY FIRST”. — BUT and there is BUT, I need to find that significant other asap! :p
My lucky 7 lists, not because I’m 28 but because I can’t deny the fact that days are counting! At least I can enjoy some of these before everything gets too busy! Leave all the unimportant and focus on the significant! Fly high to the top of the world and enjoy LIFE.^_^